Unlike his more wild and cocky squadmates, Riff takes on a more cool-headed approach to his squad-leader; resulting in them both being close friends.
His cool head is essentially ideal in wielding the heavy bazookas for the tougher jobs, his squad faces.
He is the first of the Bravo Company Commandos to be rescued by Sarge, while in a Tan Base.
Riff is supposedly killed along with the rest of Bravo Company due to the bomb at the peace ceremony. However, at the end of Sarge's War, Sarge found storage tubes, that may suggest that Malice simply copied the Bravo Company soldiers, and killed the clones instead to drive Sarge crazy.
- It's said in the manual for Army Men: Sarge's Heroes that Riff plays a mean saxaphone.
- In Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 manual picture and in the Army Men RTS intro, you can see that Riff wears three small hoop earrings on his left ear and a saxaphone earring on his right ear.
- In Sarges War, Riff is the only character who is seen durning game play, not just a cutscene. He is present on the very first level where he and Sarge are fighting in the street against tan. He can die on this level, although Sarge doesn't seem to notice. Even if killed, Riff will stil appear at the peace signing, and meet his end a second time.
- In Sarges War, Riff can recieve 6-7 hits with the Carbine.
- His biography in Sarge's Heroes states that he was made out of plastic guitar picks found in a jazz club.